Apple Picking Season is at its peak in Australia, which means the Apple Job Market is booming! In Australia’s apple orchards, unskilled local and foreign laborers can find an abundance of picking and packaging jobs. If apple farms reach their full operational capacity, not only would apple harvesting employment be created, but also jobs for Forklift Operators, Farm Supervisors, Farm Workers, Marketing Teams, Warehouse Associates, etc.
This page intends to publish low-skilled employment for foreigners in Australia. We shall therefore examine Apple Picking Careers in Australia for unskilled foreigners, with the exception of skilled apple farm positions requiring formal schooling. This position is open to those in their second or third year of a working holiday visa or seasonal visa employees. The location of the farm is Tasmania, Australia. Let’s discuss further specifics in addition to the link to immediately apply on Agri Jobs Australia!
Details of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- Job Country: Australia.
- Employer’s location: Sidmouth, Tasmania, Australia.
- Sponsoring agency: Agri Labour Australia.
- Industry: Agriculture
- Job Title: Fruit Picker, Farm Worker.
- Job type: Full-time (six days per week for 8-10 hours a day).
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Varies from one employer to another.
- Valid visa types: 2nd and 3rd year working holiday visa, Work visa, Seasonal worker visa, Student visa, and PR holders.
- Accommodation: Varies from one employer to another.
- Expected Salary: minimum $42.50 per bin for strip picking and $50 for select picking.
- Expected Season: February-Mid May.
Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- The candidate must be physically healthy and strong enough to handle a 15 kg picking bag while also being capable of climbing ladders.
- The applicant must be able to work long hours and overtime.
- The candidate must have adaptable working conditions and a spirit of teamwork.
- Prior piece fruit harvesting experience is a plus, but not required.
- The candidate must hold a second or third year Working Holiday visa.
- Candidates must be able to arrange their own housing.
- A few days of work are required for the candidate to learn the skills necessary to become a quick picker. In other words, it is self-training on the job.
- The candidate is responsible for his own safety.
- Self-motivated with a positive mentality.
Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- Seasonal employment: Apple picking jobs are usually seasonal, allowing individuals to earn income at certain times of the year when the apples are ripe for picking. This can be a great option for those looking for temporary work.
- Physical Activity: Apple picking is physically demanding work. This includes climbing stairs, reaching for apples, and carrying boxes full of fruit. This level of physical activity can help individuals stay fit and active.
- Fresh air and scenic locations: Apple orchards are often located in beautiful rural settings, allowing workers to work outside in a natural environment and enjoy fresh air and beautiful scenery.
- Teamwork: Many apple-picking tasks are done in teams or groups. This can promote camaraderie and a sense of teamwork among workers as they cooperate in harvesting the fruit efficiently.
- Skill development: Apple pickers develop skills related to fruit harvesting, such as identifying ripe fruit, using harvesting tools, and careful handling of produce. These skills may be transferable to other agricultural or manual labor roles.
- Earning Potential: Some apple-picking jobs offer payment based on the amount of fruit harvested, allowing workers to potentially earn more by being more efficient and productive.
- Flexible hours: Although apple picking can be physically demanding, it often offers flexible work hours, allowing individuals to choose how many hours they work each day.
- Connection with nature: Working in a garden can provide a deeper connection with nature and an appreciation of the processes of agriculture and food production.
- Seasonal Variety: For those who enjoy variety in their work, apple picking offers seasonal variety. Workers may pursue other interests or jobs during the off-season.
- Employment Availability: Apple orchards often require a significant number of seasonal workers at harvest time, making it relatively easy to find employment opportunities in apple picking, especially in regions where apples are grown. The production is strong.
- Community Engagement: Apple orchards are often integral parts of local communities, and working in them can provide opportunities to engage with and support those communities.
- Minimal Education Requirements: Most apple-picking jobs do not require formal education or specialized skills, making them accessible to a wide range of individuals.
Accountabilities of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- growing and pruning apple trees by hand.
- Maintaining orchards by routinely weeding, picking rocks, hoeing weeds, raking old leaves, softening the soil around plants, leveling the ground, etc.
- By hand, apples are being thinned off the trees.
- Before the harvest, bins are placed in the orchard.
- I am doing orchard maintenance.
- Restoring or discarding broken or worn-out baskets.
- Eliminating overripe or rotting apples.
- I am handling ladders up to 60 pounds.
- Pack harvested fruits and veggies into containers while avoiding potential damage.
- Some harvesters must also operate tractors or other vehicles to transport produce to the packing shed.
How to Apply for Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- By clicking the link below, you will be redirected to the official job search portal; once there, use the “Apply” button located beneath the job description.
- To narrow down your job search results, you can also utilize the search box and the location box. Type your job title, for example, “Farm Jobs in Australia for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship,” “Farm Jobs in Australia for Working Holiday Workers,” “Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship,” “Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for foreigners,” “Agriculture Jobs for Working Holiday Visa,” or “Agriculture Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship.”
- Choose Tasmania, Australia in the location field directly below the search bar.
- Although there is a great probability that your employer will notice the layout/presentation, it is best to update your CV or resume and cover letter in accordance with current market trends.
- Check the job ad data such job description, job criteria, work responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all prerequisites before you apply. Study the job description and its requirements with consideration.
- Click the button labeled “Online Application” given below.
- Provide the requested information and submit the application.
- Confirm that you have received a confirmation email for your submitted job application.
How much do Australian apple pickers earn?
The average annual wage for a picker in Australia is $58,500, or $30 per hour.
Can I harvest my own fruit in Australia?
Always, something must be harvested someplace in Australia. Fruit picking is ideal employment for backpackers and participants in the Working Holiday Programme (WHP): everyone can do it! In fact, fruit picking encompasses the vast majority of seasonal harvesting activities.
How much do fruit picking jobs pay in Australia?
The average picker salary in Australia is $60,896 per year or $31.23 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $54,600 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $78,000 per year.