Super 8, located at 9502 114 Avenue, High Level, Alberta T0H 1Z0, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills for the position of Building maintenance worker. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as possible. The vacancies pertain to Permanent or Full-time employment. There are day, evening, weekend, early morning, and morning shifts.
What is a Building Maintenance Worker?
A building maintenance worker is a competent individual who is in charge of building care and repair. They are skilled in a variety of maintenance activities, ensuring that buildings are in good working order and satisfy all safety criteria. Building maintenance employees frequently work in groups or under the supervision of a facility manager.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Building maintenance employees are responsible for a wide range of obligations and duties in order to keep buildings working efficiently. Let’s look at some of the main duties they do:
Regular Maintenance Tasks
Regular maintenance duties are one of the essential responsibilities of building maintenance staff. Inspecting and fixing electrical systems, plumbing fittings, HVAC systems, and other mechanical components falls under this category. They also perform routine checks on lighting, ventilation, and security systems to identify and correct any problems.
Repairs and Troubleshooting
Building maintenance employees are proficient in repairs and troubleshooting in addition to routine upkeep. They respond to work orders and service requests, identify issues, and put relevant solutions in place. This could include repairing leaking pipes, restoring faulty wiring, or replacing broken equipment.
Safety Inspections and Compliance
A building maintenance worker’s responsibility includes ensuring safety. They undertake frequent safety inspections to identify potential dangers, keep fire safety equipment in good working order, and follow building standards and regulations. Building maintenance employees are educated to handle emergency circumstances and to adopt risk-mitigation strategies.
Read More: Australian Insurance Jobs 2024 – Apply Now
Details of Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024
|Employer Name||Super 8|
|Position||Building maintenance worker|
|No. of vacancies||2|
|Salary||$22.00 hourly for 30 hours per week|
|Employment type||Permanent employment, Full time|
|Location||9502 114 Avenue, High Level, AB T0H 1Z0|
Job Description for Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024
- The candidate must sweep, mop, scrub, and wax stairs and hallways.
- The candidate must be able to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris, and other waste using industrial vacuum cleaners.
- The candidate will be required to make minor adjustments and repairs to the heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems, in addition to contacting specialists for major repairs.
- The candidate will be responsible for contacting contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment.
- Expectations for the candidate include performing minor appliance repairs.
- Safety and security checks will be expected of the candidate.
- The candidate is required to transport heavy furnishings, equipment, and supplies.
- In addition to painting and drywall repair, the candidate will be required to complete additional routine maintenance tasks.
- The candidate must clear walkways and park lots of snow and ice.
- The candidate is responsible for inspecting, lubricating, refueling, and cleaning equipment.
Job Requirements for Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must possess a secondary (high school) diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one to two years of relevant work experience.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate should possess sound judgment.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate will be required to work in a hotel, motel, or resort.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To excel as a building maintenance worker, certain skills and qualifications are essential. These include:
- Proficiency in electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Knowledge of safety protocols and building codes
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
Additional information for Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
- The candidate should be frequently required to perform repetitive tasks.
- The candidate must be required to routinely carry heavy loads as part of their duties.
- The applicant must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily duties.
- The candidate must be willing to bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time.
Benefits of Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024
- The selected candidate will receive group insurance benefits and other benefits under long-term benefits.
- Stable Employment: Building upkeep is an important part of property management, so skilled workers will always be in demand. People who work in this area may feel safe in their jobs because of the stable demand.
- Diverse Job Opportunities: Building repair workers can find work in a variety of places, such as homes, businesses, and public buildings. This variety gives people the chance to try out different work environments and pick jobs that fit their skills and preferences.
- Hands-On Experience: A lot of the time, maintenance work on buildings includes doing things with your hands. In return, workers gain useful knowledge and skills that can be used in different places.
- Skill Development: People who work in building maintenance usually learn a lot of different skills, such as plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and general repair and upkeep. They can be very useful in the job market because they can do many things well.
- Competitive Compensation: A lot of the time, skilled repair workers get paid well for their skills, especially if they have special certifications or skills. In some cases, this can help people live comfortably.
- Opportunities for Advancement: Building repair workers may be able to move up in their careers by getting more certifications, specializing in certain areas, or becoming supervisors in their companies.
- Contribution to Community: Building maintenance and making sure that buildings are safe and work properly is an important service that helps communities stay healthy. Maintenance workers in buildings can be proud of their work because they know they make places safe and comfortable to live in.
- Adaptability and Resilience: The skills acquired in building maintenance are often applicable in various industries. Being flexible can help people in a job market that is always changing since it lets them move between roles if they need to.
- Growing Industry: Because buildings need to be maintained all the time and the real estate market is growing, the building maintenance business is likely to stay strong, creating jobs for many years to come.
How to Apply for Building Maintenance Worker Jobs In Canada 2024?
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
9502 114 Avenue
High Level, AB
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites for becoming a maintenance man?
Knowledge and skills the capacity to operate, repair, and maintain machines and tools.
the aptitude for working with one’s hands.
To be meticulous and attentive to detail.
ability to work effectively with others.
Physical abilities such as mobility, coordination, and dexterity.
What are a building maintenance worker’s responsibilities?
Cleans maintains, and repairs building fixtures and equipment, such as locks, windows, doors, screens, Venetian blinds, gutters, drains, shelving, and kitchen utensils; replace light bulbs and fuses; makes simple repairs to furniture, cabinets, asphalt tile, and linoleum; assists in maintaining and repairing electrical systems.
What is the salary of a maintenance technician in Canada?
The average annual salary for a maintenance technician in Canada is $50,033, or $25.66 per hour. The starting salary for an entry-level position is $40,950 per year, while most experienced workers can earn up to $68,690 per year.