In a highly developed nation such as France, hotel jobs are a wonderful way to earn money; you can choose to work full-time or part-time depending on your availability. France topped the list of international visitor arrivals in 2018 with 89 million, surpassing Spain (83 million) and the United States (80 million).
There is no shortage of employment in France, which is why the majority of foreigners migrate to the country in search of employment, which they obtain. There are a variety of hotel jobs open to everyone in France, regardless of expertise; there is also a degree of flexibility with hotel positions in general. If you are interested in any of the following hotel positions in France, please do not hesitate to apply.
Details About Hotel Jobs in France
This post will highlight all hotel & resort employment opportunities for people to apply. Hilton is the leading hospitality corporation on a global scale, with properties ranging from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and economy hotels. In France, there are over one hundred (100) Hilton hotel job openings; consequently, these positions are vacant. They consist of;
A room attendant is a member of the hotel’s housekeeping service staff. Their responsibilities include cleaning and sterilizing guest rooms, corridors, stairwells, and public spaces. They clean furniture, windows, and flooring, sterilize bathrooms, and replace bed linens, and towels. In addition, a Room Attendant will be needed to oversee visitor demands. To be considered for this position, you must possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and impeccable grooming standards.
Check Also: Harvest Hand Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
A laundry attendant is responsible for supplying the entire hotel with clean bedding. Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding garments and other textiles are among the responsibilities. As a Laundry Attendant, you are responsible for supporting laundry operations and delivering an exceptional Guest and Member experience through pressing stitching, and other comparable services. Also, a Laundry Attendant must handle and respond to guest demands. You will have an advantage when applying for this position if you have prior laundry expertise or experience in a similar role.
Clean, dust, vacuum, and polish guest rooms. Make beds, change linens, and remove and replace towels and toiletries that have been used. Deliver and collect things lent to guests, such as an iron and ironing board. Assure the safety and privacy of guest rooms and guests. As a Housekeeping Attendant, you will support all Housekeeping and Laundry teams in all aspects by delegating daily Housekeeping and Laundry activities inside the hotel. You are responsible for ensuring that every aspect of Housekeeping and Laundry adheres to the brand requirements of the hotel.
Prepare, season, and cook salads, soups, seafood, meats, veggies, and other dishes. Planned and priced menu items, placed orders for supplies, and maintained finances and records. Supervises and assists in the cooking, baking, and food preparation processes. As a chef, you are responsible for producing and presenting high-quality cuisine in order to provide an exceptional experience for guests and members. In addition, you will be responsible for preparing the entire mise-en-place and contributing to departmental objectives. In over 14 sites in France, Hilton Hotels & Resorts requires a Commis Chef, Demi Chef de partie, chef de partie, sushi chef, and junior sous, chef.
The duties and responsibilities of a Waiter/Waitress include greeting and seating clients, collecting orders and successfully transmitting them to the kitchen, memorizing the menu, and making suggestions to upsell appetizers, desserts, or drinks. You will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks to the greatest possible standard. As a Waiter/ess, you are responsible for serving guests in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner in order to provide an exceptional Guest and Member experience. To effectively fulfill this function, you must uphold the required mindset, behaviors, abilities, and beliefs.
Requirements for Hotel Jobs in France:
- Professional CV
- Original Degree, Diploma certificate
- Copy Degree, Diploma certificate
- Original Experience certificate, if available
- Copy of Experience Certificate, If available
Benefits of Hotel Jobs in France:
- Cultural Involvement: The hospitality industry in France offers individuals the opportunity to gain insight into the nation’s abundant cultural heritage. By providing employees with opportunities to engage with both local and international visitors, a multicultural work environment is fostered.
- Language Proficiency Development: Numerous hotel positions in France demand fluency in both English and French. Engaging in such an environment affords individuals a remarkable chance to enhance their linguistic proficiency and participate in a workplace that is bilingual or multilingual.
- Possibilities for Career Development: The hospitality sector provides a multitude of professional trajectories and avenues for progression. By gaining experience and refining their skills, individuals have the potential to advance from entry-level positions to supervisory or managerial positions.
- Skills in customer service: The customer service focus of hotel employment provides the opportunity for staff to cultivate robust interpersonal and customer service proficiencies. This experience increases professional adaptability and is transferable to other industries.
- Establishing a Global Network: Hotels frequently draw a varied clientele, thereby affording staff members the opportunity to establish a global professional network. Engaging in professional networking can prove advantageous in securing prospective employment prospects within the hospitality sector or other relevant industries.
- Work in Teams and Collaboration: Employment in a hotel necessitates cooperation with individuals from various departments, including food and beverage, maintenance, and the front desk. For the provision of a positive and seamless experience for guests, teamwork is vital.
- Expertise Training: Numerous hotels invest in employee development training programs to augment their expertise and competencies. The dedication to ongoing professional development yields advantages for the hotel’s staff as well as the service quality as a whole.
- Workplace diversity entails: In France, the hospitality sector, specifically the hotel industry, frequently adopts a progressive stance towards professional diversity. By providing employees with opportunities to collaborate with individuals of diverse cultural and historical backgrounds, an inclusive workplace environment can be fostered.
- Gaining Entry to Hospitality and Tourism Events: Opportunities to attend or participate in tourism and hospitality conferences, trade exhibits, and events may be available to hotel employees. This exposure enhances networking and industry expertise.
- Perks and discounts for staff: Staff members in the hospitality industry, which encompasses hotels as well, frequently receive reduced rates on lodging, refreshments, and additional services. This benefit may appeal to candidates who are actively pursuing employment within the industry.
Career Growth and Advancement
In France, there are many chances for career growth and advancement in the hotel business. People can move up the ladder of success in an industry if they work hard, gain knowledge, and keep learning. Hotels often have training programs, mentorship opportunities, and chances for employees to work in different areas, which helps them learn and grow.
Also, getting foreign experience in well-known hotels or getting more certifications in hospitality management can improve job prospects in a big way. Because hotel jobs are so varied, people can move into different roles, try out different parts of the industry, or even start their own businesses.
Hotel Employees’ Salaries in France:
In France, the average hourly income for hotel employees is 24 EUR. This indicates that the average hourly wage in France is roughly 24 euros. The lowest average pay ranges from 12,500 EUR to 92,200 EUR (the highest average, the actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average annual pay, including housing and transportation.
If you love helping people and want to work in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, looking for hotel jobs in France can be a good choice. There are a lot of different jobs in the hotel business, and each one helps make guests’ stays easy and memorable. Whether you want to be a front office worker, a chef, an expert on health and fitness, or a sales and marketing strategist, France is a great place to reach your goals.
People Also Ask:
Do foreigners work in France?
Indeed, it is the answer. A foreign national who has been lawfully residing in France for more than three months and has all the necessary papers are qualified.
What occupations in France are expanding the quickest?
Sales-related positions dominated the top four positions on the list in France, with Growth Marketing Manager ranking as the fastest-growing position, followed by Sales Development Representative at #2, Customer Success Manager at #3, and Enterprise Account Executive at #4.
How can a foreigner get a job in France?
If you are from outside of France, you will need to make sure you meet all the requirements for working in France. This means you may need a work visa and a residence permit. To find out if you are first eligible to work in France, check out our Visas and Work Permits section of the guide.