Jobs in Canada for Students 2023 Numerous overseas students who enroll in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at a university find Canada to be one of the best and most appealing research study sites. If you are one of these individuals and are considering studying abroad in Canada, you should also seek the best part-time jobs in Canada for students during your degree program.
International students in Canada may be able to find part-time employment that helps them cover a portion of their educational and living expenses. In addition, it helps students get valuable work experience in Canada, which will be extremely advantageous for their future careers.
Details of Jobs in Canada for Students 2023
|Title||Jobs in Canada for Students|
|Job Kind||Full-Time, Half-Time, Non-permanent, Everlasting, Seasonal|
|Schooling||Equal Excessive Faculty, Diploma, Diploma in Related Class|
|Expertise Stage||Entry-Stage, Freshers to Skilled Stage|
|No. of Vacancies||1000+|
|Common Wage||Specified with Job Title|
|Worker Advantages||Engaging Job Advantages and Perks|
Availability of Part-time Jobs in Canada for Students in 2023
- In a country like Canada, where overseas students must pay expensive tuition fees ranging from $10,155 to $38,800, you may be required to work part-time to contribute not only to tuition fees but also to the cost of living or to cover additional expenses.
- The majority of students with Canadian study authorization are permitted to join a part-time job and earn up to 20 hours per week. However, students enrolled in intensive or very complex programs may choose to work fewer hours, no more than 12 hours per week, so that their part-time employment does not negatively impact their studies.
- Hence, you will be able to take care of your finances, create new relationships, and add work experience to your resume. Working in Canada as a trainee during your course of study will be an enriching experience that will help you adapt to a new nation while earning an excellent income.
- The majority of university and college students in Canada are compensated per hour for their part-time work. The average hourly wage for part-time students in Canada is approximately $12. After completing six months of the research program, the trainee must get an off-campus employment license in order to work as a part-time staff member outside the university or university.
Leading 15 Part-time Jobs with Salary for International Students in Canada.
- The opportunity to work part-time in Canada in entry-level positions is a boon for a number of students who have relocated to Canada for study abroad purposes. It assists them in meeting the Canadian cost of living. While you cannot commit to a full-time position, it would be best to choose part-time jobs in Canada that offer higher pay and flexible hours for students.
- Some part-time employment offers a great deal of flexibility so that you may balance your time between work and schoolwork. In addition, trainees with part-time jobs in Canada gain substantial work experience during their studies. The compensation rate for trainees is significantly decreased, allowing them to live independently in Canada.
A few of the highest-paying part-time tasks in Canada for trainees in 2023 are provided below:
Students’ compensation for part-time work in Canada may vary depending on their employer. The average hourly wage for a part-time job is $22.00, but students are paid approximately $12.00 per hour for part-time work. Also, average salaries for part-time occupations in Canada may vary from city to city.
Working Hour Options for Students in Canada.
As a worldwide trainee, you will certainly obtain the option to select between dealing with- and off-campus. Nevertheless, you would have to keep the working hrs as stated listed below:
- Full-time job: (40 hours/week) throughout holidays
- Part-time job: (as much as 20 hours/week) throughout terms
A teaching fellowship or volunteer work: in accordance with college requirements and the Guidelines for Foreign Students to Work Part-Time in Canada.
Government of Canada-recommended laws for international students regarding part-time employment is outlined below.
Part-time Off-campus Work:
You can function off-campus in Canada just if you are:
- A student at a designated learning institution (DLI) and in the previous term or you were a full-time student till the previous semester.
- Enrolled in a secondary-level expert training program or a post-secondary academic, trade, or professional training program
- Enrolled in a program lasting at least six months or leading to a diploma, certification, or degree Owner of a Social Security Number (SIN).
Part-time On-campus Work:
You can work off-campus in Canada just if you are:
- A student in a public postsecondary college or university, a private college-level institution in Quebec, or a legally degree-granting Canadian private institution.
- Moreover, possess a legitimate research study authorization.
- Possessor of a Social Security Number (SIN).
Exactly How to Find Part-time Jobs in Canada for Students?
- Finding a part-time job for college students will be considerably easier. All institutes of higher education in Canada manage bulletin board systems where on-campus employment opportunities are posted and applications can be submitted.
- There are extra recruitment firms in Canada that provide recruitment services for international students and job seekers.
- There are a variety of jobs available in coffee shops, coffee hotels, and dining establishments, as well as stores; retail stores such as clothing or sporting goods stores; department stores, supermarkets, and hypermarkets; lifeguards or swimming instructors at a college pool or beach; bookstores, Archies gallery, collection, etc.
- If you are multilingual, you will have the opportunity to also work as a translator. Considering Canada is a multicultural and multilingual society, language translation services and employment opportunities are in high demand.
Leading Cities in Canada to Study as well as Work for International Students.
The following are the top 10 Canadian cities that accept international students and offer them lucrative employment opportunities:
- British Colombia.
List of Latest Jobs in Canada for Students with Salary in 2023
|JOB TITLE||COMPANY NAME||SALARY||LOCATION|
|Office Administrator||NSR TRANSPORT LTD.||$27.50 hourly||Surrey (BC)|
|Landscape gardener||2444993 Ontario LTD||$800.00 to $960.00 weekly||Bala (ON)|
|Recreation leader||Sprouting Knowledge||$1,071.00 weekly||Kamloops (BC)|
|Interpretive guide – museum||Corporation du Centre||$15.00 to $17.00 hourly||Saint-Joachim-de-Montmorency (QC)|
|Personal support worker – home support||Istok Vidmar||$19.00 to $22.00 hourly||Mississauga (ON)|
|Line cook||Denny’s Fort St John||$17.00 hourly||Fort St. John (BC)|
|Truck driver, heavy truck||ROADLINE TRUCKING LTD||$25.00 hourly||Abbotsford (BC)|
|Pizza cook||1674423ontltd||$15.50 to $18.00 hourly||Barrie (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Whitney (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Grand Bend (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Burlington (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Picton (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Wasaga Beach (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Brighton (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Jacksons Point (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Nobel (ON)|
|Mystery shopper||C3 Client Satisfaction||$15.50 to $20.00 hourly||Oshawa (ON)|
|Park ranger||Ontario Public Service||$15.50 hourly||Port Elgin (ON)|
|Food service supervisor||Streets of India bar & Grill||$18.00 hourly||Mississauga (ON)|
|Community worker||Peak Support Services||$17.25 to $20.00 hourly||Lethbridge (AB)|
|Intellectual disabilities worker||Moncton Employment & Training Services, Inc||$16.41 hourly||Moncton (NB)|
|Data scientist||AIRUDI INC.||$20.00 to $30.00 hourly||Longueuil (QC)|
|Door-to-door salesperson||TKL Enterprises||$16.00 to $30.00 hourly||Various s|
|Butcher, retail||Cactus Exotic Foods||$15.50 to $18.00 hourly||North York (ON)|
|Server – food and beverage services||1497274 Ontario Ltd||$15.50 hourly||Ottawa (ON)|
|Server – food and beverage services||2419976 Ont Inc||$15.00 hourly||Nepean (ON)|
|Administrative assistant – office||Roadrun Truck Repairs Ltd.||$25.50 hourly||Surrey (BC)|
|Housekeeping room attendant||SANDMAN HOTEL GROUP||$16.25 to $17.25 hourly||Oakville (ON)|
Advantages of Jobs in Canada for Students.
- Impairment Benefits.
- Medical Benefits.
- Mileage Paid.
- Dental Benefits.
- Group Insurance Benefits.
- Life Insurance Policy Benefits.
- Vision Care Benefits.
- Various other Benefits.
The Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) aids young students in entering the Canadian job market efficiently. Under this category are programs such as the Skilled Worker Program, Summer Job Experience, and Career Focus that assist international students in finding part-time employment. If you still have questions about trainee part-time employment opportunities in Canada, please leave a comment below.
If you are one of them and are considering studying abroad in Canada, you should also search for the best part-time jobs for students in Canada during your degree program.
The opportunity to work part-time in Canada in unskilled jobs is a genuine blessing for many students who came to Canada for study abroad purposes. When you are unable to commit to a permanent position, it would be best to favor part-time jobs in Canada that offer higher pay and flexible hours for students.
In addition, part-time jobs for students in Canada allow them to gain substantial work experience while studying. Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) is an initiative of the Canadian government that aims to facilitate young people’s entry into the Canadian job market.
Read More: FSWEP Jobs in Canada 2023-Apply Here
How to Apply for Jobs in Canada for Students?
If you are qualified to apply for any type of work in Canada, you need only complete the online application process. Below are the comprehensive application instructions for international students applying for a job in Canada:
- Click the “Apply Now” link following the title of each part-time job to be redirected to the JobBank Canada website.
- Examine all the job particulars very carefully [you may find the task area, number of openings, job description, responsibilities, obligations, required education, and experience, permit requirements, particular skills, work settings, workplace, hiring company, etc.].
- Click the “Show How to Apply” button at the bottom of the job posting [you may find an email address or link to the application form].
- Send your application with an updated curriculum vitae to the supplied email address, or complete the online application in its entirety and include your CV/Resume.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top occupations for students in Canada?
The top jobs for students in Canada are teacher’s aide, tutor, waiter, bartender or server, driver, freelancer, translator, salesperson, babysitter, dog walker, etc.
How much can a student make each month in Canada?
The average Canadian student wage is $37,560 annually or $19.27 per hour. The starting salary for entry-level employment is $31,200 per year, while most experienced individuals can earn up to $58,895 per year.