Jobs in Canada: 686111 Alberta Ltd. d/b/a MaWhitey Linen Services, based in Calgary, AB, is seeking self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of Laundry assistant. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as feasible. The vacancies pertain to Permanent or Full-time employment. There are day, evening, weekend, and morning shifts.
Details of Jobs in Canada
- Employer Name: 686111 Alberta Ltd. o/a MaWhitey Linen Services
- Position: Laundry helper
- No. of vacancies: 2
- Salary: $15.50 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per week
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Calgary, AB
Duties of Jobs in Canada
- The candidate will be responsible for combining and adding detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals.
- The candidate will be expected to clean and dry clothing, draperies, cushion covers, sheets, blankets, furs, and other items using dry cleaning and laundry machines, dryers, and blow dryers.
- The candidate must utilize machinery to dye, spray, re-oil, and re-polish suede and leather garments.
- The candidate will be required to manually bundle and package shirts, sheets, and other items.
- The candidate must iron by hand either freshly laundered or dry-cleaned silk garments.
- The candidate will be required to operate finishing equipment, such as steam presses and hand irons, to complete trousers, jackets, shirts, skirts, and other dry-cleaned and laundered garments.
- The candidate must operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to complete fur garments and other fur items.
- The candidate must package and assemble finalized goods.
- The candidate will be required to evaluate dry-cleaned or laundered garments for compliance with company standards.
- The candidate must match invoices or markings to articles that have been dry-cleaned or laundered.
- The candidate must document any article damage, improper cleaning, or laundering.
- The candidate must touch up completed garments and other items with a hand-held steam iron.
Requirements of Jobs in Canada
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- There are no standard educational prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diploma.
- A candidate with experience is a plus.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
- The candidate must be an effective team member.
Work Environment of Jobs in Canada
- The work environment is chaotic, and the candidate must be able to maintain full concentration despite the disturbances.
- The candidate is required to operate in an environment with a high odor concentration.
- The candidate must have the ability to operate in wet/humid conditions.
Work Setting of Jobs in Canada
- The employer will pay for the candidate’s moving expenses.
- The applicant must be willing to relocate to the location specified.
Security and Safety of Jobs in Canada
- The candidate should undergo a comprehensive criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities of Jobs in Canada
- The applicant must be able to perform physically demanding activities as part of their daily duties.
- The candidate should be frequently required to perform repetitive duties.
- The applicant must be willing to stand for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
How to Apply for Jobs in Canada
If you are interested in applying, please use one of the options provided.
People Also Ask:
Is it easy to find a job in Canada?
Many foreign nationals see Canada as a land of opportunity, hoping for a comfortable life for themselves and their families. Finding a job in Canada is not easy, but it is possible.
How can a foreigner get a job in Canada?
Foreign nationals wishing to work or visit Canada may need a work permit, visitor visa or both to enter Canada. There are temporary and permanent immigration programs you may be eligible to apply for.