Jobs in Oman For Foreigners 2023: Employers are normally responsible for sponsoring foreign workers in Oman, thus your organization must be aware of how to obtain a work visa in order to comply with the law.
Foreigners who intend to obtain employment in Oman must first obtain one of several types of visas, which are described in the following sentence.
The visa type is known as an Employment visa, and it is obtained by employers on behalf of foreign workers aged 21 or older.
Note that the visa is valid for two years from the date of entry and that both the employee and employer must meet particular requirements to apply.
Overview of the Job Market in Oman
Over the years, Oman’s job market has grown slowly, with a focus on making the economy less dependent on oil and gas. The government’s work to boost industries like tourism, construction, education, and health care has given foreign workers more opportunities.
Top Careers in High Demand in Oman:
- Careers in Medicine Teaching Jobs Engineering
- Careers for IT specialists, project managers, language instructors, hotel personnel, and customer service
- Attorneys Bank Managers
- Chief Execution officer
- Chief executive officer
- Marketing Executives
- Oil Jobs – Oil plays a crucial part in the country’s economy, thus it would be reasonable to say that Oman’s oil business offers ample employment opportunities.
Visa Requirements for Foreign Workers
Before you can work in Oman as a tourist, you need to know what you need to do to get a visa. Here are the two most common types of visas:
You must have a valid job offer from an Omani employer in order to get a work visa. Usually, the company will support your visa application and give you the paperwork you need. You can officially work in Oman if you have an employment visa.
When you get to Oman, you’ll need to get a residence visa, which is also called an “iqama.” This visa lets you live in the country for a certain amount of time, which is usually tied to your job contract. In Oman, you need a residence visa to open a bank account, find a place to live, and use many other services.
Living and Working in Oman
You’ve done well to find a job in Oman. Here are some important things to think about as you start this new chapter:
Cost of Living
Living in Oman is good, but it’s important to know how much it costs to live there. Some of the most expensive things are housing, transportation, health care, education, and entertainment. It’s best to make a budget and try to negotiate a reasonable salary that fits the cost of living in the area.
Jobs Offered In Oman
Hence, ensure that you meet all qualifications prior to applying for a position with Oman Air, which will be discussed below.
- Job Title: Budgeting Assistant Manager
Description of Jobs in Oman For Foreigners:
As an assistant manager, it is your responsibility to support the long-term planning of the airline. Create route analyses, department budgets, audits, and long-term financial planning to aid in decision-making.
Roles & Responsibilities for Jobs in Oman For Foreigners:
- Weekly and monthly projections on the financial performance of the department.
- Coordination with business units for timely, credible, and effective development and production Budgeting exercises throughout the organization – Investment, Personnel, and Operational (Company-wide)
- Analyses of the sensitivity of major variables such as fuel costs, load factors, and yields.
- Automating financial statement preparation
- Limited quarterly evaluations and annual audits are conducted by statutory auditors.
- Route pricing – charter upgrades
- Perform a financial feasibility analysis of new routes and network optimization.
- Presentation for senior executives and Board of Directors (based on requirement)
- Facilitate route profitability analysis and Performance Management – Key Performance Indicators
- Contract review and administration.
- Represent finance in strategic studies (FYP, 10YP, etc.) and drive process improvement and policy development activities affecting the function.
Requirements for Jobs in Oman For Foreigners:
- Six years of experience in addition to a bachelor’s degree in any field, ideally in finance or accounting.
- Competent in English (Spoken & Written)
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Mainly Excel & PowerPoint)
- Strong communication abilities
- Excellent Networking Skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Understanding of operational concerns and industrial advances
- Airline Industry Experience is Preferred
- Knowledge of Business Goals and Industry Growth
- Knowledge of current Accounting standard developments
The Average Employee Salary in Oman:
Attractive salary packages and tax-free income are among the reasons why people hunt for Oman employment and openings.
The gross wage range for workers in Oman is normally between 415 OMR (lowest salary) to 2,032 OMR (average salary) (highest average)
Applying For This Position:
- Start by clicking the application link below.
- After being sent to Oman Air Career’s official employment webpage
- You must log in (if you already have an account) or establish a new account (using the new registration link).
- Following this, you will be instantly redirected to the application form for the assistant manager position at Oman Air.
- Deadline: 2023-09-21
With a rising economy and a wide range of jobs, Oman is a great place for foreigners looking for work. From the oil and gas industry to building, tourism, education, and more, there are many fields where skilled foreign professionals can help. You can improve your chances of getting a good job in Oman by knowing the visa standards, using different job search strategies, and preparing well for the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Oman offer employment to foreigners?
Any foreign workers who are 21 years of age or older must have an employment visa in order to enter Oman. This is the typical visa that businesses use to sponsor foreign workers to work in Oman.
Which profession is most in demand in Oman?
Demand Jobs in Oman Stage – Assistant(e) Chef de Projet Digital H/F – July 2023. STAGE- Assistant. VAC00346-Department Head- Regional (Dakhiliya + Dhahira)) Department Head- Regional (Batina, Buraimi, Musandam) VAC00345
Are there English-speaking job opportunities in Oman?
Yes, there are a lot of jobs for English speakers in Oman, especially in the hospitality, school, and healthcare industries.
Is knowledge of the Arabic language necessary to work in Oman?
Even though knowing Arabic can be helpful, it is not always necessary, especially in international companies and industries where there are a lot of expatriates.