Nanny Caregiver Jobs in Canada: Careers for Nannies and Caregivers in Canada with Visa Sponsorship The Dosanjh family of Surrey, British Columbia, is seeking a full-time nanny/caregiver to care for their adolescent children (ages 13 and 14). This position is available to all Canadian citizens, permanent residents, indigenous people, youth, and immigrants. The only criterion is that the candidate be legally permitted to work in Canada. The chosen candidate must report for duty as soon as possible.
All candidates, particularly newcomers to Canada, have the option of living in on-site housing. The candidate must be flexible enough to be available at any time, including early morning, day, evening, and late-night shifts. Learn how to apply online, as well as the job’s description, responsibilities, prerequisite qualifications, requirements, accommodations, and salary conditions, in the section that follows.
Details of Nanny Caregiver Jobs in Canada:
- Job Title: Caregiver or Nanny
- Employer’s name: Dosanjh Family, BC, Canada
- Job Location: BC, Canada
- Job Industry: Housekeeping, Healthcare, Childcare
- Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
- Duty Hours: Depends on the need
- No. of vacancies: 1
- Experience Required: Will be preferred
- Knowledge Required: No
- Children Age group: 13-14
- Minimum Age: 18 or 19 in some Canadian provinces. But, middle-aged adults are desirable
- Salary: CAD $14 per hour
Requirements of Nanny Caregiver Jobs in Canada:
- The candidate must be conversant in English.
- Successful completion of secondary school.
- At least one year of experience in child care or a similar field.
- A training course in child care or other similar field is required.
- CPR certification is not required but is advantageous.
- Must be at least 18 years old, or 19 in certain Canadian provinces such as Alberta.
- To lawfully work in Canada, the candidate must have a clean criminal record.
- To be qualified for visa sponsorship, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Canada and satisfy all immigration requirements.
- The company would provide mandatory training to the finalists.
Traits/skills personnelles essential for a Nanny & Caregiver:
There are some personality traits and personal talents that should be possessed by any caregiver for all age groups, including children and adults. To discuss this specific job ad, the Dosanjh Family has the following requirements:
- The candidate should be trustworthy and reliable. By adequately caring for the children in the absence of their parents, he/she earns their trust.
- He or she should be friendly and courteous.
- He or she should have outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Must be enthusiastic and patient with children.
- Should have a thorough understanding of all health and mental care approaches, standards, and activities for adolescents’ well-being.
- Must be flexible and available to work any shift that meets the parents’ employment demands.
- Should have a thorough understanding of physical, mental, and video games, as well as other activities of interest to youngsters aged 13 to 16 years old.
- Must be detail-oriented and attentive to each and every detail that might enhance the quality of the work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Diligence and attention to detail are required.
- Competencies in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Effective leadership and supervision to ensure area safety
Job description tasks or obligations for Nanny & Caregiver:
According to the job description, the Nanny & Caregiver for the Dosanjah children is supposed to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and care for youngsters in the absence of their parents.
- Make meals and snacks for youngsters per parental instructions.
- In the absence of their parents, be responsible for the children’s every activity, including meals, homework, playtime, etc.
- Due to the fact that children are adolescents and not infants or toddlers, they can take care of their own personal hygiene, but you must monitor them if they are not doing it properly.
- Take care of the child’s social development and organize social activities for children, such as taking them to the park, swimming, karate, or any other social activity. Similarly, you are required to supervise children’s meetings with any guest in the absence of their parents.
- Keep a healthy household atmosphere.
- Consider the children’s mental health and emotional well-being.
- Transport children to and from school and other appointments.
- Doing children’s laundry and making their beds when they are at school. Similarly, you must prepare their lunch and snacks when they return.
- Maintain a record of children’s daily activities and their health profile.
- In the absence of your parents, you must accept responsibility for the children and the entire household.
Advantages of Nanny Caregiver Jobs in Canada:
- Decent Wage, namely $14 per hour.
- According to British Columbia legislation, 4% vacation pay will be given every two weeks.
- There are jobs available for everyone, including citizens, immigrants, and socially disadvantaged groups.
- Free live-in lodgings were offered as an option.
- The successful candidate(s) who are not Canadian residents are supported in acquiring work permits/visas for Canada.
- A live-in arrangement is not an employment requirement.
Average Caregiver and Nanny Pay in Canada:
The average wage of an entry-level security guard depends on several aspects other than his experience, such as his place of employment, the salary policies of his employer, his location, and his work schedule, among others. According to Ca Talent, the typical annual salary for a security guard in Canada is between CAD 27,300 and CAD 35,100, or between CAD 14 and CAD 18 per hour. Job Bank Canada reports that the median wage for a Nanny in British Columbia is 16 Canadian Dollars. In view of these survey figures (collected from random employers and employees across Canada), this employer is paying you fairly at 14 Canadian dollars per hour.
Check Also: Nanny Job In Canada 2023-Apply Now
How can Immigrants and Foreign Applicants Apply for Nanny and Caregiver Jobs in Canada?
- By clicking the link below, you will be redirected to the official job search portal; once there, use the “Apply” button located beneath the job description.
- To narrow down your job search results, you can also utilize the search box and the location box. Type your job title, for example, “Nanny/ Childcare Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship,” “Childcare worker jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship,” “Au Pair Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship,” “Live-in Caretaker Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship/ for foreigners,” “Caregiver Jobs in Canada for foreigners,” and “Babysitter Jobs in Canada with sponsorship.”
- Choose British Columbia, Canada in the location bar located directly below the search bar. If your search yields results, you should refine your location.
- Although there is a great probability that your employer will notice the layout/presentation, it is best to update your CV resume, and cover letter in accordance with current market trends.
- Check the job ad data such as job description, job criteria, work responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all prerequisites before you apply. Study the job description and its requirements with consideration.
- Click the button labeled “Online Application” given below.
- Provide the requested information and submit the application.
- Confirm that you have received a confirmation email for your submitted job application.
People Also Ask:
Is a nanny visa open for Canada?
There is no separate visa for nannies. But, Canada offers programs that can lead to permanent residency; if you do not qualify for one of these streams, you can work temporarily in Canada.
How can I apply for a nanny position in Canada?
To immigrate to Canada as a nanny, applicants must submit an application for a work permit visa as a live-in caretaker. To alleviate the scarcity of domestic help in the United States, the government launched a live-in caregiver program to expressly assist foreign immigrants in working as caregivers.
What qualifications do you need to be a nanny in Canada?
Completion of secondary school may be required. Home childcare providers, parent’s helpers, and foster parents may require the completion of a training program in child care or a related field