Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023 Garda Canada Security Inc., headquartered in Long Harbour, NL, is seeking self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills for the role of Security guard. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The positions available are either permanent or part-time with the potential to become full-time.
Details of Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023
|Employer Name||Garda Canada Security Corp.|
|No. of vacancies||3|
|Salary||$17.41 hourly for 24 hours per week|
|Employment type||Permanent employment, Part-time leading to full time|
|Location||Long Harbour, NL|
Job Requirements for Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one to two years of relevant work experience.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal abilities.
- The candidate must possess superior oral communication abilities.
- The candidate should possess sound judgment.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
Work setting for Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023
- The applicant must be willing to work remotely.
- The candidate must work in an industrial institution or facility.
Benefits of Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023
- The successful candidate will receive medical, financial, long-term, and additional perks.
- The successful candidate will receive a Dental plan, Health Plan, and Vision care benefits under Health Benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the successful applicant will get collective agreement-compliant benefits.
- The successful individual will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance under Long-Term Benefits.
- In addition to the above-mentioned Health, Financial, and Long-term incentives, the successful candidate will receive Complimentary parking.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Word.
Policy and program experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with course equivalency standards.
Type of experience
- The applicant must have experience with corporate building security, mobile surveillance/stakeouts, retail loss prevention, and commercial/industrial security consultancy.
Check Also: Fruits Farm Worker Jobs In Canada 2023-Apply Now
Additional information for Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a comprehensive criminal background check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical assessment.
- The candidate must have access to their own means of transportation.
- The candidate must provide their own transportation.
- The employer will not cover the applicant’s travel costs.
- The applicant must have the willingness to travel.
- The candidate must be open to frequent travel.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The applicant must possess a 20/20 vision.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented.
- The candidate must be willing to sit, stand, and stroll for extended periods of time.
- The individual must be able to operate well in a fast-paced, hectic setting.
- The individual must be willing to sit for extended periods of time.
- The individual must be able to walk long distances.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone, safety equipment/gear, and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply for Security Guard Jobs In Canada 2023?
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I apply for a position as a security guard in Canada?
Training is one of the most prevalent requirements for obtaining a security guard license in any Canadian province. Complete the required number of hours of provincially-approved training, take and pass the exam, then apply for a security license to become a licensed guard.
Is there a demand for security guards in Canada?
Security guards are in great demand across Canada, but in terms of absolute demand, Ontario has many more open Security guard positions than other provinces, indicating that it is a smart spot to begin the job search. To browse, use the arrow keys.
How much does a security guard earn in Canada?
The average annual wage for a security guard in Canada is $33,150, or $17 per hour. Entry-level occupations begin at $28,633 per year, whilst the majority of experienced employees earn up to $42,496 per year.