Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023 Community Living Tillsonburg, located in Tillsonburg, ON, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills to fill the job of Support worker – social services. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The available positions are either temporary, permanent, or full-time. The shift schedule consists of Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, and Undetermined.
Details of Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023
|Employer Name||Community Living Tillsonburg|
|Position||Support worker – social services|
|No. of vacancies||2|
|Salary||$18.50 hourly 80 hours bi-weekly|
|Employment type||Term or contract, Full time|
|Student status||Full-time enrollment|
Job Description for Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate will be responsible for administrative and office responsibilities.
- The candidate must evaluate the applicable skill strengths and development needs of the client.
- The candidate will be responsible for housekeeping.
- The applicant will be responsible for food preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to effectively resolve conflicts.
- The candidate must oversee the activities of group home and halfway house residents.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with other social service agencies and health care providers whose clients they serve.
- The candidate must assist customers with particular requirements.
- The candidate must accompany customers on business and social engagements.
Job Requirements for Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma.
- The candidate must have completed Developmental Services Worker (DSW) Training, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certification, First Aid Certification, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should prioritize the client.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal abilities.
- The candidate must have superior verbal and written communication abilities.
- The applicant must be adaptable.
- The candidate must have the ability to act independently.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
- The workplace consists of socioeconomic requirements or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance).
Work setting for Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate must work in a group home, a social service or nonprofit organization, and a private residence.
- The individual will be expected to work in the residence of the employer or client.
- The candidate will be expected to work in a number of different places.
Benefits of Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023
- The successful individual will receive financial and long-term rewards.
- Under Financial perks, the successful applicant will get benefits according to the collective bargaining agreement, in addition to mileage reimbursement.
- The chosen individual will earn additional benefits under Long Term Benefits.
Check Also: Mushroom picker Jobs in Canada 2023-Apply Now
Experience and specialization
- The primary audience includes people with intellectual disabilities as well as those with mental health issues.
Security and safety
- The candidate must undergo a comprehensive criminal background check, child abuse registry check, driver’s license validity check, and adult abuse registry check.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply for Social Services Support worker Jobs In Canada 2023?
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
96 Tillson Ave
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a demand for social service workers in Canada?
In Canada, social workers are in demand.
Did you know that social work is one of Canada’s most in-demand occupations? Social workers are in high demand in all eleven provinces and territories of Canada, and as a highly skilled professional, you may anticipate earning between $66870 and $115700 a year.
How will social work evolve in Canada?
In general, social work employment openings are predicted to expand between 2019 and 2028 due to rising demand and vacancies caused by the baby boom generation’s retirement. The outlook for the future in Canada varies per province or territory.
Is it difficult to find a career in social work in Canada?
Strategies for Social Worker Job Search
The Canadian work market is competitive, making it difficult to get employment. Yet it may take some time to get full-time employment as a social worker, so you must understand how to find employment and plan for your job hunt. Many settlement organizations can assist you in your employment quest.