Teaching Jobs In USA For International Teachers: It is not difficult to become a teacher in the United States if you can satisfy the criteria and standards for certification.
There are several teaching positions available in the United States for overseas teachers, especially considering the excellent compensation associated with these positions.
This page will showcase all the available teaching jobs in the United States that are exclusively for international teachers, so make sure to locate one that interests you and apply immediately.
How Teaching Jobs For International Teachers In The USA Works
If you are a teacher from outside the United States, you are free to seek teaching employment for international teachers and immigrate to work.
Moving to the United States from another nation and obtaining certification as a teacher can be beneficial, but takes careful consideration and significant planning.
The Department of Education suggests that foreign educators apply for teaching jobs in the United States at least one year prior to their intended arrival.
General Requirement For International Teachers
While state-specific criteria for teaching qualifications differ, the general certification requirements for K-12 instructors in the United States are outlined here.
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree (or foreign equivalent).
- Completion of a teacher preparation program with accreditation.
- Those who wish to teach in secondary education are required to have a certain number of certificates in various subject areas.
- The majority of states require candidates to complete state teacher certification exams and tests demonstrating foreign educators’ reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- In many nations, a successful background check, including a clean criminal record check, is necessary.
- A solid score on a topic test that focuses on the prospective teacher’s area of expertise.
- Require teachers to be completely vaccinated before to entering the country or shortly after their arrival.
- Teachers from abroad who do not achieve these standards may be eligible for a student visa after completing additional coursework.
Available Teaching Jobs In The US For International Teachers
Hawaii Public School
The Hawaii Public School is located in Hawaii, United States, and is now hiring for the following roles. A license is required for all of these positions, and the expected start date is August 2022.
- Special Education Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Maths Teacher
- Elementary Teacher
International instructors are given the opportunity to apply for several posts at the school for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Full-time American Primary School Teacher
- Teacher of French Math for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Teacher of Elementary French for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Preschool French Instructor for the 2022-2023 school year.
The French American School of Rhode Island – English Teachers
The French American School of Rhode Island seeks full-time or part-time English and substitute instructors who are committed to the academic advancement and social-emotional and character development of students.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of successful experience are required, as well as teaching experience in an international setting and/or a strong interest in working in a bilingual, multicultural environment; a Teaching Certificate is a plus.
Salary – $45K – $57K a year
Talk English Schools
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., with the option for afternoon lessons (tutoring and conversation classes).
This is a part-time position teaching either General English or TOEFL techniques. TALK is looking to fill many vacancies.
Talk School is also offering these positions;
- Assistant School Director – Atlanta
- Student Services Coordinator – Fort Lauderdale
- Student Services Coordinator – San Francisco
- Experienced Teachers – Atlanta
- Experienced Teachers – Boston
- Experienced Teachers – Miami
- Experienced Teachers – West Palm Beach
- Experienced Teachers – Aventura, FL
- Experienced Teachers – San Francisco
The regeneration school seeks full-time reading and writing teachers for middle school for the 2022 academic year. The ReGeneration school manages three K-8 campuses of Chicago International Charter Schools on the South Side of Chicago – CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park – as well as its first school, which opened in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Candidates are expected to have great subject matter expertise and a track record of offering excellent learning experiences that increase students’ comprehension of different literacy topics.
The Whitby School seeks substitute instructors with experience in certain subject areas. Applicants must possess a degree and/or certification in the field, as well as knowledge, experience, or training in Montessori education and International Baccalaureate.
The following are examples of replacement teaching areas:
- Infant-Toddler Teachers (Ages 18 months to 3 years)
- Early Childhood Teachers (Ages 3-5 years)
- Elementary Teachers (Ages 6-10)
- Middle School Teachers (Grades 5-8)
- Learning Specialists (Special Education, Math Specialists, Gifted and Talented)
- Special Area Teachers (Art, Music, Drama, Foreign Language, and Physical Education)
Location – Greenwich
Salary – $31.5K – $39.9K a year
American Creativity Academy
American Creativity Academy is seeking a committed elementary school teacher to educate its pupils. If hired, you will be needed to begin work in August 2022.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience, however recent graduates are allowed.
- Location – Houston
- Salary – $2,500 – 3,500 USD per month, tax-free
People Also Ask
Can a foreigner work as a teacher in the USA in 2023?
Can a foreigner teach in the United States? Yes. If you match the predetermined standards, you can teach in the United States if you are a foreigner. The J-1 Teacher Program is a nonimmigrant cultural exchange program that permits overseas teachers to teach in authorized elementary and secondary schools in the United States.
Which teachers are in demand in the USA in 2023?
According to the U.S. Department of Education, California reported teacher shortages in the following topics for the 2020-2021 school year across all grade levels, including Pre-K: language arts. Mathematics Special Education