705939 Ontario Limited, located at 260 Queen Street West, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 1A4, is seeking self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills for the role of Waiter/Waitress. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The positions available are either permanent or part-time with the potential to become full-time. The shift schedule consists of Shifts, Flexible Hours, and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Details of Waitress Jobs In Canada:
|705939 Ontario Limited
|No. of vacancies
|$15.50 to $16.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
|Permanent employment, Part-time leading to full time
|260 Queen St West, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 1A4
Job Description for Waitress Jobs In Canada:
- The candidate would be expected to address customer problems and complaints.
- The candidate must provide consumers with bills and collect payment in cash, credit or debit cards, traveler’s checks, or room charges.
- Customers will expect the candidate to describe food products, especially daily specials.
- The applicant must reconcile cash and maintain sales records.
- Tables, trays, and seats must be cleared and cleaned by the candidate.
- The candidate must greet guests, show menus, provide suggestions, and respond to inquiries regarding food and beverages.
- The candidate must be able to offer beverages and meals.
- The candidate will be tasked with accepting orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar workers.
Job Requirements for Waitress Jobs In Canada:
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- There are no typical educational prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or certification.
- A candidate with experience is a plus.
- The candidate must hold both a Smart Serve and WHMIS certification.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 9 kilograms (20 lbs).
- The candidate must possess superior oral communication abilities.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
Check Also: Floor Cleaner Jobs In Canada 2024 – Apply Now
Work Setting for Waitress Jobs In Canada:
- The candidate will have to work in a restaurant.
Benefits of Waitress Jobs In Canada:
- Income and Tips: Waitresses frequently possess the capacity to derive a substantial portion of their revenue from gratuities. Tips, when added to a standard wage, have the potential to augment overall earnings.
- Flexibility: Many establishments provide employees with flexible work hours, which facilitates the juggling of professional obligations with personal responsibilities, such as education or familial duties.
- Customer Service Skills: Waitresses are afforded the chance to cultivate robust customer service and interpersonal proficiencies, which can prove advantageous in a multitude of professional contexts.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Restaurant settings are frequently team-oriented. Waitresses foster a sense of cooperation through their collaboration with kitchen staff, other servers, and management.
- Dynamic and Rapid-Speech Work Environment: Waitress positions may provide individuals who thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced professional setting with a feeling of novelty and diversity.
- Networking Opportunities: Opportunities for Networking Waitresses are afforded the chance to engage with a wide variety of patrons, which may prove to be advantageous in the long run.
- Social Interaction: Social interaction is a fundamental aspect of the job, rendering it well-suited for individuals who derive satisfaction from engaging with novel individuals and delivering exceptional service.
- Skills Development: Waitresses have the opportunity to cultivate a range of transferable skills, such as time management, problem-solving, and multitasking.
- Opportunity at the Entry Level: Waitress positions frequently offer entry-level positions, which extends accessibility to candidates with diverse levels of education and experience.
- Cultural Exposure: Waitresses may enhance their cultural competence through exposure to various cultures and perspectives in establishments that serve a diverse clientele.
- Prospects for Progression: Certain individuals may begin their careers as hostesses and eventually ascend to positions of authority or management within the restaurant sector.
- Employee Discounts: Restaurant staff, such as waitresses, may be eligible for meal discounts or additional benefits on occasion.
Experience and specialization:
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must have knowledge of electronic cash registers and point-of-sale systems.
Additional information for Waitress Jobs In Canada:
- The candidate must have access to their means of transportation.
- Public transportation is available to the applicant.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The individual must be able to operate well in a fast-paced, hectic setting.
- The applicant must be willing to stand for long periods.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
How to Apply for Waitress Jobs In Canada:
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
- 260 Queen St West
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- P6A 1A4
- Between 09:00 AM and 02:00 PM
Are waiters sought after in Canada?
If you are contemplating immigration to Canada, a position as a waiter in that country is an excellent alternative to have. This position is in high demand throughout the country and may qualify you for a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa, even if you have not received a job offer.
How much does a Canadian waitress earn?
In Canada, the average wage for a waiter or waitress is $27,300 per year or $14 per hour. Most experienced workers earn up to $32,666 per year, while entry-level occupations begin at $24,521 per year.
What are the qualifications to be a waiter in Canada?
Formal waiters and waitresses may be required to complete a one- or two-year apprenticeship or college or vocational school courses.