Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada 2023: Several Warehouse Clerk opportunities are available at Dynamics ATS in Canada. If hired, you can begin as early as August 24, 2023, for this contract-to-hire position. You can potentially make up to $17.00 per hour.
Details About Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada
Our business has a 100-year history in the oil and gas energy sector, and its safety innovations have been credited with transforming the industry. This customer prioritizes safety, and they provide training and direction to all staff to ensure they can perform their duties safely.
If you are offered a full-time position, you are eligible to participate in an exceptional benefits package.
Summary of Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada
We are seeking Warehouse Clerk candidates to join our client’s team. According to the production schedule, this job coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments.
This profession is also responsible for preparing items for shipment and receiving incoming goods or materials.
Description of Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada
- Conduct computer activities to issue components for manufacturing orders, accept things into the plant, ship items on sales and transfer orders, and transfer items between stock locations, noting and reporting non-conformances.
- As required, protect and lubricate items for storage.
- Interact with Quality Records and Inspection employees, conveying material clearance traceability information for production orders, subcontract orders, warehousing orders, etc.
- Training other workers and imparting personal knowledge of components, methods, machinery, etc.
- Makes products ready for shipment.
- Assembles, addresses, and ships goods and materials.
- Using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and pricing, determines shipment method for materials.
- Contacts carrier representative to make arrangements and provide delivery instructions for supplies.
- Using hand tools, power tools, and a postage meter, prepares products for shipment by packing, sealing, labeling, and applying postage.
- Orders and stores shipping materials and supplies in order to maintain inventory levels.
- Receiving, unpacking, verifying, and recording incoming goods or materials.
- Examines the contents of incoming or outgoing shipments and compare them to records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to ensure their accuracy.
- For reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes, log shipment information including weight, charges, space availability, damages, and inconsistencies.
- Execute a variety of additional responsibilities and tasks within the physical restrictions of the position.
Required Skills for Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada
- Prior experience in a warehouse setting and/or shipping and receiving is required.
- Consistent and prompt attendance is a fundamental job requirement.
- Safety-minded work attitude
- Experience in a fast-paced distribution setting is preferred.
- Experience in customer service is preferred.
- Competencies and knowledge in the operation and usage of mechanical equipment pertinent to the job.
- Capable of operating forklifts, cranes, and other warehouse-related equipment.
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication abilities.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and SAP is a bonus.
- High School Graduation or GED
- At least one year of warehousing or equivalent experience is required.
Additional Requirements for Warehouse Clerk Jobs in Canada
Maintains the highest Health, Safety, and Environmental standards in our industry. Works without incident.
Strives for continual improvement in worker safety and is committed to ensuring that each employee understands and adheres to the company’s health, safety, and environmental (HSE) regulations.
Works with great integrity and adheres to the company’s business ethics rules.
- Shift: 6 am – 2 pm
- Pay Rate/Salary: $17.00 hourly
Frequently Asked Questions
In a warehouse, what does a clerk do?
A Warehouse Clerk’s job is to move boxes, put things in boxes in the right order, and keep the warehouse area clean and in order at all times. In the end, you will work with other Warehouse Clerks to help move products onto shelves, pack trucks, and unload deliveries as they come in.
What is a Depot clerk?
Routine station checks inside and around the station, reporting equipment problems, helping customers use equipment (fare gate, fare vendor trip assistant) and using good judgment in a variety of situations that could happen during a shift.