D & N Seafood Ltd., located at 2340 Graham Avenue, Prince Rupert, British Columbia, V8J 1C8, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills for the position of fish processing laborer. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as possible. The vacancies pertain to permanent or full-time employment. The shift schedule consists of day, evening, night, weekend, shift, overtime, flexible hours, undetermined, early morning, and morning.
Current Job Market
In 2024, the Canadian seafood business is grow at a rate that has never been seen before. As a result, there are a lot of jobs for people who can work as fish processors. Recent numbers show that the need for skilled workers in this area has grown by X% in the last year. This trend is likely to continue, so now is a good time for people looking for work to look into their options.
Workers in fish processing are very important for making sure that seafood is safe and of good quality. They are responsible for following cleanliness and safety rules, cleaning, filleting, and packaging fish, as well as running processing equipment. Because it’s a hands-on job, you need to be both physically and technically skilled.
Details About Fish Processing Laborer Jobs in Canada 2024
Employer Name: D & N SEAFOOD LTD
Position: Fish processing laborer
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, full-time
Location: 2340 Graham Ave, Prince Rupert, BC V8J 1C8
- The candidate will transport fish and shellfish to the work location.
- The candidate will be responsible for cleaning machines and the adjacent work environment.
- The candidate must unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and convey them by hand or forklift to the work area.
- The candidate will be required to weigh and register the weight of fish and shellfish, as well as pack fish on ice.
- The candidate must arrange the fish by species, weight, and destination.
- The applicant must prepare fillets for packaging or freezing.
- The candidate must weigh and pour ingredients into the hoppers of mixers and grinders.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for flaws, ensuring conformity with company standards, and adjusting machines as necessary.
- The candidate will be required to use a knife to remove scales and unwanted sections.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet sections, trim fillet sections according to specifications, and weigh fillet sections.
- The candidate must comply with all sanitation and hygiene policies.
- The candidate must ensure the cleanliness, sharpness, and sterility of knives and instruments.
- The candidate will be expected to manage inventory, maintain sales records, and determine product quantity, product line, and freshness in accordance with company and customer specifications.
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- There are no standard educational prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diploma.
- Prior experience is not required.
- The applicant must be punctual.
- The candidate must be responsible.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must place a premium on values and ethics.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must be a strong team member with adequate interpersonal and evaluative skills.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic and have a positive outlook.
- The candidate must be in excellent physical and mental health in order to complete all tasks rapidly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must possess outstanding customer service skills.
- The candidate must have experience with hand instruments.
- The candidate must have the ability to focus on a single assignment.
- The candidate must pay close attention to their actions to prevent injury and product waste.
- The candidate should be pleasant and customer-focused.
- The candidate must be able to maintain composure under pressure.
- The candidate must be social and communicative.
- The candidate must be capable of working quickly without sacrificing quality.
- The candidate must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 13.5 kilograms (30 pounds).
- The candidate must be willing to work extended hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to operate in environments that are wet, cold, or refrigerated.
- The candidate will be required to operate in a highly odiferous environment.
- The work environment is chaotic, and the candidate must be able to maintain full concentration despite the disturbances.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
- The candidate should be frequently required to perform repetitive duties.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented.
- The applicant must have outstanding hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be prepared to perform physically demanding activities as part of their daily duties.
- The candidate must be required to routinely carry large loads as part of their duties.
- The candidate must be willing to lean, crouch, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must complete the assignment within the allotted time frame.
- The candidate should be willing to stand for extensive periods of time.
- The candidate must execute tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- The candidate must be willing to work overtime if necessary.
Benefits of Fish Processing Laborer Jobs in Canada 2024
- Free Food.
- Free Accomodation.
- Free Medical Insurance.
- Free Transport.
- On-The-Spot Visa Booking (As Soon As The Job Is Confirmed).
- On-The-Spot Flight (As Soon As The Job Is Confirmed).
- Paid Holidays.
- paid Overtime.
How to Apply for Fish Processing Laborer Jobs in Canada 2024
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
Finally, working as a fish processing laborer in Canada is a unique and satisfying job. The seafood business has a lot of good things about it, like good pay and chances to move up. Even though there are problems, the joy of making a difference in an important area more than makes up for them. If you want to start a satisfying career in 2024, you might want to become a fish processor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can one obtain an employment offer from Canada?
Follow these straightforward tactics to maximize your chances of obtaining a job offer in Canada:
First, format your CV according to Canadian standards.
Write a cover letter that Canadian employers will adore.
Step Three: Ensure you’re maximizing LinkedIn’s benefits…
Apply for the appropriate positions.
How much does a position in Canadian fisheries pay?
How much does a Canadian fisherman earn? The average annual salary for fishing in Canada is $53,625 or $27.50 per hour. Most experienced employees can earn up to $89,647 per year, while entry-level positions begin at $39,000 per year.