Mechanical Engineering Jobs In Canada 2023: SNC-Lavalin Inc. is looking for an energetic candidate for the role of Mechanical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to join the Infrastructure Engineering team in Atlantic Canada. Seize the opportunity to make a difference by working on a variety of projects that not only improve Halifax and Atlantic Infrastructure but also have the potential to be a part of major projects taking place across Canada.
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe that our success is due to our employees’ world-class expertise and unwavering commitment. The three pillars of safety, ethics, and quality are critical, and the ideal candidate will excel in all three. Above all, we value teamwork, respect, and openness, and we encourage our employees to grow and learn. Join us as we strive to become the most sought-after engineering and construction firm in the world.
You will work under the supervision of senior engineers in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As the ideal candidate, you place a high value on producing high-quality work, meeting deadlines, working in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to advance your career in an environment that fosters innovation and delivers excellence. Our office thrives on challenges, and as the ideal candidate, you are comfortable developing innovative solutions and advancing them through sound engineering practice.
Details About Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada 2023
This position entails a wide range of consulting duties. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be interested in a fast-paced work environment, and be proficient in Organization and time/budget management. You must be able to work both in a team and independently, and you will be expected to communicate with professional staff such as engineers, technicians, subcontractors, and clients.
How you plan to contribute:
- Responsibilities include interpreting engineering standards, addressing design and field engineering concerns, and organizing work schedules.
- Engineering calculations for equipment and system size, modeling software use, development of 2D and 3D layouts, field data collecting, construction site inspections, ensuring that design work combines effectively with other disciplines
- Throughout the design drawing preparation process, coordination and contact with drafting is required.
- Coordination and development of project specifications.
- Contributing to job planning and scheduling in order to achieve defined goals;
- Producing progress reports and monitoring project controls
- Recommending plan adjustments and cost estimates; Recommending material replacements and payment for the finished job
- Consult with other departments, suppliers, and contractors to clarify specifications.
- Maintaining awareness of new technological breakthroughs and calculating their ramifications; and
- The particular duties of the project will be determined by the project manager.
What you plan to contribute:
- The recent completion of an Engineering Degree program with a mechanical engineering emphasis paired with an EIT application
- Good understanding of engineering disciplines and comprehension of how the work affects other disciplines/fields
- Mechanical design and analysis abilities, including experience with mechanical modeling tools; experience with HVAC and building services design approaches is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge is necessary.
- Excellent communication abilities in report writing and presentation, as well as with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be willing to travel inside Canada as some travel may be necessary.
- It is necessary to have a valid driver’s license.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are mechanical engineering jobs in Canada in great demand?
The development in automation and the expansion of the industrial industry are driving up need for mechanical engineers. Mechanical engineer job vacancies in Canada are predicted to reach 11,300 between 2019 and 2028.
Is there a need for mechanical engineers in Canada?
There are over 1 million unfilled employment in Canada, and mechanical engineers are in high demand.