How To Enter the USA Without Visa: How to access the United States without a visa is a top priority for the majority of would-be immigrants. The good news is that immigrants can enter the United States visa-free through the Visa Waiver Program.
U.S. Visa Wavier Program
The Visa Waiver Program permits citizens of certain countries to enter the United States as visitors for up to ninety days for business or leisure without obtaining a visa.
List Of Countries Participating In The Visa Waiver Program
This is a list of Visa Waiver Program-participating countries.
|List of Participating Countries in The Visa Waiver Program (VWP)|
|Czech Republic||Italy||New Zealand||Taiwan|
|Estonia||Republic of Korea||Portugal|
How do I enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program?
To join the United States under the VWP, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be a citizen of the VWP country from which your passport was issued.
- Request that a VWP nation legitimately issue you a Machine-Readable e-Passport that is valid for six months following the conclusion of your trip and contains an embedded electronic chip.
- As a non-immigrant (you have a home in a foreign country you have no intention of abandoning).
- Intent to remain in the United States for less than ninety days.
- Obtain VWP travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Not pose a threat to the United States safety or health.
- Should not have violated any previous VWP or nonimmigrant visa entry conditions.
- Must not have visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen, unless on diplomatic or military missions for a VWP nation.
- You cannot be a citizen or resident of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.
Which Nations Do Not Qualify for the Visa Waiver Program?
Nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria are not eligible for the visa waiver program. If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed, you may desire to investigate alternative entry options.
What Benefits Does the Visa Waiver Program Offer?
The evident advantage of entering the United States through the VWP is that a visa is not required unless you are ineligible.
What Are the Drawbacks of the Visa Waiver Program?
After entering the United States, you are unable to modify or extend your nonimmigrant status under the VWP. If you are denied admission at the port of entry, you do not have access to administrative or judicial review. Likewise, if you are found to have violated the terms of your admission, you will no longer be able to contest a removal order.
Visa As with all other aliens in the United States, waiver immigrants who overstay their authorized stay by six months or one year are subject to three- and ten-year bans because they are “illegally present” in the country. Immigration officials may detain VWP immigrants for overstaying or otherwise violating the terms of their entry.
Should I Use VWP to Enter the United States?
Visa-free travel under the VWP is expedient, but it is your responsibility to ensure that the purpose and duration of your trip comply with the VWP before you plan a trip to the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I readily travel to the United States?
Important Measures to Obtain an Immigrant Visa
Someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition on your behalf in the majority of cases.
Wait until the petition is approved and a visa in your category becomes available. Then submit an application for an immigrant visa…
Obtain a medical checkup.
Attend a job interview.
Attend a decision regarding your application.
How do I enter the U.S. without a visa?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating nations to travel to the United States for tourism or commerce for up to 90 days without a visa. These individuals are eligible to use the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).