We are looking for an enthusiastic fruit and vegetable picker to join our team. The Picker Will Use Requisitions And Order Sheets To Select A Vast Assortment Of Items, Place And Arrange Items In Containers And Bins Based On Detailed Instructions, And Arrange Containers On Pallets. The Picker Will Examine Fruits And Vegetables For Defects And Confirm That The Appropriate Items And Quantities Are Chosen. You will carry out duties in accordance with standard operating procedures and ensure that both incoming and outgoing deliveries are accurate and free of defects.
To be successful in this position, you will need to perform with precision. The best candidates will be well-mannered, organized, and able to work under pressure.
Details of Visa Sponsored Fruit And Vegetable Pickers Jobs In Canada
- Legal Authorization to Work: Sponsoring a visa gives people the legal right to work in Canada and makes sure they follow all immigration laws and rules.
- Seasonal Employment: People can get casual work picking fruits and vegetables during busy harvest times because the jobs are often seasonal. This can be helpful for people who are looking for short-term work.
- Cultural Experience: Working in Canada is a cultural experience because it lets people become part of Canadian society, meet locals, and learn about the habits and customs of the country.
- Competitive Wages: When hiring people to pick fruits and vegetables, people who work in agriculture usually pay good rates. Some types of pay may depend on things like how much produce is gathered.
- Accommodation and Transportation: There are some employers who give or help with housing and getting to and from work. This can ease worries about finding a place to live and getting to work.
- Skill Development: Fruit and vegetable picking jobs can enhance various skills, including physical stamina, attention to detail, and teamwork. It’s an opportunity to develop practical and hands-on skills.
- Networking Opportunities: For people who work in agriculture, working with coworkers and bosses creates chances to network. You might be able to use these links to help you get jobs and get references in the future.
- Outdoor Work Environment: If you like working outside, picking fruits and vegetables is a great way to spend time in nature, get some exercise, and enjoy the fresh air.
- Language Exposure: People who work abroad may be able to improve their English by talking to coworkers, bosses, and people from the country where they are working.
- Opportunity for Extension:People who do a good job in their casual jobs may sometimes be able to extend their contract or get a job with the same company again in the future.
- Contributing to Food Supply: Fruit and vegetable pickers are very important to Canada’s food supply and agricultural business. For people who take pride in their work, this can be personally satisfying.
- Experience in a Diverse Workforce: Canada’s agricultural sector attracts a diverse workforce. Working alongside people from different backgrounds fosters an inclusive and multicultural work environment.
- Potential for Career Advancement: While fruit and vegetable picking jobs are often entry-level, individuals who demonstrate dedication and skills may have the potential for career advancement within the agricultural sector.
- Experience in a Beautiful Environment: Many fruit and vegetable farms are located in scenic rural areas, providing a picturesque work environment surrounded by nature.
- Keeping work areas clean, orderly, and well-organized.
- Packing Incoming Inventory, Performing an Inventory Check, and Reporting Shortages.
- Documenting Incoming And Outgoing Deliveries.
- Order picking as requested by management.
- High School Diploma, GED, Or Suitable Equivalent.
- 1+ Years Of Experience Working In A Similar Capacity.
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills.
- Capability to work harmoniously with a wide variety of individuals.
- Proficient With Using Tools Required For This Position.
- Physically Agile And Dexterous.
- Superior organizational skills
List of Visa Sponsored Fruit And Vegetable Pickers Jobs In Canada
Fruit Or Vegetable Picker Verified
- Harry Morse Farm
- LocationBerwick (NS)
- Salary: $14.30 Hourly
Fruit Or Vegetable Picker Verified
- Thwaites Farms Ltd.
- LocationLangton (ON)
- Salary: $15.83 Hourly
- Saveurs Du Boisé Choquette
- LocationDanville (QC)
- Salary: $16.75 Hourly
- La Cabottine – Saveurs Indigènes
- LocationSainte-Angèle-De-Mérici (QC)
- Salary: $16.00 Hourly
People in Canada who want to work as Fruit and Vegetable Pickers can find great jobs in places like Berwick (NS), Langton (ON), Danville (QC), and Sainte-Angèle-De-Mérici (QC). People who get the job will use requisitions and order sheets, keep work areas clean, pack new inventory, record deliveries, and check inventory. You need to have a high school education or the equivalent, at least one year of experience in the field, good communication skills, knowledge of how to use the tools, and the ability to move quickly. Check out the list of Visa Sponsored Fruit and Vegetable Picker jobs in Canada to find a job that you’ll enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do fruit pickers earn in Canada in 2024?
How much does a Canadian Fruit Picker make? The average annual salary for a fruit picker in Canada is $28,061 or $14.39 per hour.
Is there an age limit for fruit pickers in Canada in 2024?
The minimum age to work as a fruit picker is 18.