Malta Work Visa Types 2023 This article describes the application procedures for the Malta Work Visa and Work Permit 2023. If you wish to clear up any confusion, you must read this post as its whole. This post will explain which visa is appropriate for you and how long your stay in Malta will be valid with each visa type.
Malta is a small but beautiful and contemporary European nation. Consider that you are interested in witnessing the market and economics of Malta and wish to travel there for professional reasons. As in any other country, you will require a work permit and a work visa in this instance. The Malta Work Visa and Work Permit will also allow you to enter the country for the purpose of modifying your career options and route.
To learn more about the requirements and conditions for a Work Visa and Work Permit for Malta, you must read the entire article. This page will answer all of your questions about the application process in Malta and describe the various types of work visas.
Do I need a Work Visa for Malta?
- To enter Malta, all non-EEA/EU nationals are required to have a work visa and work permit.
- Citizens of EU/EEA countries and Switzerland are exempt from obtaining a work visa in Malta. After three months in Malta, you will be required to register with the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs.
Malta Work Visa Types 2023
Let’s examine the various sorts of Malta Work Visas. The following types of work visas are available:
- Single Permit
- Key Employment Initiative
- EU Blue Card
The Government of Maltese issues these work visas.
#1. Key Employee initiative.
It is a recently introduced visa issued by the Maltese government to highly skilled workers who wish to work in Malta. The Important Employee initiative visa is processed significantly faster than other visas. There is a five-day processing time. To obtain this sort of visa, you must satisfy the following qualifying requirements:
- It would be advantageous if you were qualified and experienced for a particular job.
- Your compensation should be €30,000 per year.
- You must include copies of your past employment documentation.
#2. Single Permit
A single permit is a visa issued to overseas candidates who are offered employment by any company or employer in Malta. This visa allows you to work in a long-term position. For the Single Permit, you must submit an application form, and if you are living abroad, your employer is responsible for applying on your behalf. Two to three months are required for the Single Permit of Malta to be processed.
#3. EU Blue Card.
The EU Blue Card visa is for professionals with exceptional skills who earn more than 1.5 times the average gross wage in Malta. This visa allows the worker to work for up to one year in a suitable position. You can apply for an Indefinite Permit Renewal.
Requirements for Malta Work Visa 2023.
The following documents are required for the application procedure for a work visa in Malta:
- Form for a valid passport Work Visa application
- A photograph of passport dimensions
- A work contract A current resume Medical coverage
- Evidence of Air travel tickets
- Accommodation documentation
Your consulate or embassy may request extra documentation from you.
Application Process for Malta Work 2023.
The subsequent steps will facilitate your application for a Malta Work Visa;
- Gather the above-listed documents as required.
- Apply for the Malta National visa for employment at the Malta embassy in your country.
- The embassy of Malta will offer you a temporary receipt card, allowing you to enter the country.
- Once entering Malta, you must apply for a Single Permit Visa and pay the €280.50 application cost.
- After then, your employer is responsible for submitting the application for your work permit. It is also known as a work permit granted via the Job plus website.
- After completing this procedure, you will await a response. After your work permit has been accepted, you will be issued a residence card allowing you to lawfully reside and work in Malta.
Can I Apply for Malta Work Visa from Abroad?
No, it is not possible to apply for a Malta Work Visa from overseas. To apply for a work visa, you must be physically present; otherwise, your employer can apply on your behalf. The submission must be made to IMA (Identity Malta Agency). The agency will send you an invitation letter to enter Malta within 60 days of approval. The letter will provide all pertinent details.
Application Process Time
- The processing time of application for a Malta Work Visa is 5 to 15 working days.
Application Fees of Malta Work Visa.
The application fee for Malta Work Visas are as follows;
- Single Permit – €280.50
- Employment Licence – €150
- Application for employment license – €50
- EU Blue Card – €140
- Type D (National visa) – €100
Any foreigners seeking information on the Malta Work Visa for the year 2023 are advised to read this post since it contains all the pertinent details and requirements for obtaining a Maltese Work Visa. We hope that the material will be useful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many categories of work visas does Malta offer?
Visas for Employment in Malta
Short-Stay Visa, or C Visa: The short-stay visa is a sort of Schengen visa, which enables foreign nationals to access numerous Schengen member states. This visa is offered in three formats to enable single, double, and numerous entries.
How can I obtain a work permit for Malta from Pakistan?
Conditions for Obtaining a Work Visa in Malta
A valid passport.
Travel medical insurance.
A contract for employment with a company established in Malta.
Verification of accommodations for the applicant’s whole stay in Malta.
Proof of sufficient financial resources to cover the applicant’s whole stay.
How lengthy is the process to obtain a work permit in Malta in 2023?
5 to 15 business days
The processing time for a Maltese work visa is between 5 and 15 business days. The processing time begins on the date the documents are submitted to the embassy or consulate.