Waiter & waitress Jobs In Canada 2023 1000357820 Ontario Inc., situated in Ancaster, ON, is seeking self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills to fill the job of Waiter/Waitress – Food and Beverage Services. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The available positions are either permanent or part-time with the potential to become full-time. The shift schedule consists of Day, Evening, and Morning hours.
- Position: Waiter/waitress – food and beverage services; employer: 1000357820 Ontario Inc.
- Number of vacant positions: 1
- $25.50 per hour for 25 to 35 hours per week
- Permanent employment, part-time work leading to full-time employment.
- Locale: Ancaster, Ontario
- To mix and serve alcoholic beverages, the candidate must be of legal drinking age.
- The candidate would be expected to address customer problems and complaints.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing and serving unique foods to customers.
- The candidate must offer bills to consumers and collect cash, credit or debit cards, travelers cheques, and lodging charges as payment.
- Customers will expect the candidate to describe food products, especially daily specials.
- The candidate will enforce provincial/territorial liquor rules and regulations.
- The candidate will be expected to provide menu selection recommendations.
- The applicant must reconcile cash and maintain sales records.
- Tables, trays, and seats must be cleared and cleaned by the candidate.
- The candidate must describe wine choices and provide recommendations.
- The candidate must greet guests, show menus, provide suggestions, and respond to inquiries regarding food and beverages.
- The candidate will be responsible for ordering and maintaining a wine and wine glass inventory.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting wine sensory evaluations.
- The candidate must be able to offer beverages and meals.
- The candidate must supervise other wait staff and servers.
- The candidate will be tasked with accepting orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar workers.
- The candidate must instruct personnel.
- The candidate must assist customers with particular requirements.
- The applicant must give outstanding customer service.
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have between one and seven months of experience in the relevant field.
- The candidate must be able to oversee three to four employees.
- The candidate must possess a certificate for Smart Serve and Safe Food Handling.
- The candidate should prioritize the client.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal abilities.
- The candidate must possess superior oral communication abilities.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must have the ability to act independently.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
- The candidate must have restaurant experience.
- Expertise and specialized knowledge
- Computer and technology savvy
- The applicant must have experience with electronic cash registers and point-of-sale systems.
- Safety and Security
- The applicant must be sociable.
- The candidate should undergo a comprehensive criminal background check.
- Transportation and travel details
- Public transportation is available to the applicant.
Conditions of employment and physical capacities
- The individual must be able to operate well in a fast-paced, hectic setting.
- The applicant must be able to do physically demanding tasks as part of their everyday duties.
- The applicant must be willing to stand for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
- Personal tools and equipment
- The candidate is responsible for their own uniform.
How to Apply for Waiter & waitress Jobs In Canada 2023?
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a waitress in Canada in demand?
Summary. Demand and supply of labor are anticipated to be roughly in balance for this occupation group at the national level between 2022 and 2031.
How much does a Canadian waiter earn?
In Canada, the average wage for a waiter is $29,250 per year or $15 per hour. Most experienced workers earn up to $37,378 per year, while entry-level occupations begin at $25,345 per year.