Unskilled Jobs in Switzerland For Foreigners 2023: If you are seeking an unskilled job for foreigners in Switzerland, one that requires little to no training or experience, then you should apply.
Switzerland, with its high wages and low taxes, is an appealing destination to work for foreigners from all over the world. Unskilled occupations are also in high demand, so be sure to secure one.
Because an unskilled profession does not require specialist knowledge to do its regular daily responsibilities, many of these jobs are considered entry-level, and training is provided on the job.
While a certain degree of experience may offer you an edge in securing and excelling in a position, it is not required to be able to perform the duties of the position itself. Be aware that in Switzerland, both skilled and unskilled employment requires a work permit, especially for foreigners, and that you must pass criminal and health screenings before beginning your career.
Switzerland is a major employer of foreigners; nonetheless, you can perform any unskilled labor as long as you meet the company’s language and other requirements. The majority of unskilled employment in Switzerland consists of the following:
- Pub/Bar/Restaurant: Mostly requires elementary German.
- Luggage Handler at Airports: Basic German
- Taxi Driver: Taxi License and German Required
- Forklift operator: mandatory forklift license and elementary German (most also require logistics experience)
- Delivery driver/chauffeur: basic German required (and specific jobs require an additional license)
- Needs advanced German at the cinema ticket counter
- Steward/Stewardess: Language and swimming abilities, as well as courses, are required.
- Industrial jobs
- Catering and plenty more
Switzerland Unskilled Employment Opportunities in 2023
There are several unskilled jobs accessible in Switzerland, and all of them will be highlighted with application links below. This article will examine two fields of low-skilled employment for foreigners:
Swiss hotel employment for foreigners
There are several current unskilled hotel positions open to foreigners, which are listed below.
- Kempinski Hotel
The Kempinski hotel provides a variety of employment options to foreign nationals, as well as the support, training, and resources you need to succeed while embracing everything that makes working at Kempinski exceptional.
Hence, with care, commitment, and pride, even as a foreigner you may begin an amazing career at the Kempinski Hotel.
There are several more jobs embedded in these categories, so be sure to explore them by clicking the apply button below, and don’t hesitate to apply.
- Food and beverage classification
- Culinary Classification
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Room allocation, the front desk, and guest services
- Spa and amusement
- Novotel Zurich Airport Messe
The Accor company wants a waiter and six additional candidates to help restaurant guests by taking orders, delivering meals, and preparing invoices after a meal.
Also, the waiter is accountable for asking clients if they are content with their meal and offering assistance if they are not.
Skills & Prerequisites
- Ability to absorb constructive criticism and perform effectively under pressure.
- To be meticulous and attentive to detail.
- Strong verbal communication abilities.
- A desire to assist others.
- Active listening skills.
- A strong memory.
- Telluride Mountain Lodge
Foreigners are welcome to apply for positions as waiters, room attendants (housekeepers), bartenders, housemen, and chefs at the Telluride mountain lodge.
Your major responsibility will be to service and clean the rooms and common spaces of our 23-room luxury hotel.
In addition to providing our visitors with a friendly atmosphere and ensuring that high standards are maintained throughout the season, you will report to the reception and hotel management.
Foreigners can find work in Switzerland’s agricultural sector
The farm employment open to foreigners in Switzerland are:
- Prabesh Company
The Prabesh company requires staff for the animal care farm in Switzerland. Your responsibilities will include caring for animals (goats, rabbits), feeding, and watering them. Cleansing of facilities and food preparation (hay, branches).
Beginning salary: 2,600 euros per month
There are several options for foreigners to work on the Nestle farm in Switzerland, and it would be advantageous if you have the relevant expertise for the position you are applying for.
You will serve as the functional lead for Agri teams situated in the markets and for all agriculture-related matters under your purview, as well as contribute to the Nestlé regenerative agriculture project within the corporate agriculture team.
Other Unskilled Jobs For Immigrants
- Nighttime choice
- A Clerk
- Coffee truck Supervisor
- Sales representative
- Vehicle operator
- Delivery driver
- Preparation cook
- Logistics Associate
- The dry cleaner
How To Find Jobs In Switzerland
- To apply for a job in Switzerland, you will need a resume, a cover letter, and some relevant work experience.
- You should write your application in the language of the job advertisement/company, whether it is German, French, or Italian unless expressly instructed to submit it in English.
- CVs should not exceed two sides of A4 and cover letters should not exceed one. It is common practice to add an image to your Resume.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to an interview. In bigger firms, the selection process may entail psychometric testing and assessment centers.
- In general, ensure that you comprehend the position for which you are applying and utilize the application link to complete and submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the salary of unskilled laborers in Switzerland?
Minimum Wage Updated in Geneva, Switzerland, on 01 January 2023, during the duration of 01 January 2023. The minimum wage in Geneva (canton) has been updated as of 1 January 2023. The hourly minimum wage has risen from CHF 23.27 to CHF 24.00.
Does Switzerland welcome international employees?
Switzerland has recently eased work permit requirements for non-EU nationals with exceptional skills. Key Ideas: Companies who hire highly competent non-EU nationals in a shortage occupation are no longer required to perform labor market testing.